Moving can be stressful, especially when you have no idea where to begin. Even if it is down the street or you're moving across the country, you must know how to pack boxes for your smooth transition.
Here we are sharing a few useful tips that will definitely make moving easy and hassle-free.
1. The size of boxes - Pack your stuff in the right-sized box. Use small boxes for packing heavy items and big boxes for lightweight things. Did you know it's the common complaint of professional movers that heavy things are packed in big boxes and it's difficult for them to carry these heavy boxes? So, choose the right-sized box to pack different
2. Fill in gaps - Don't leave any empty space in the boxes. If your boxes are packed loosely or unbalanced, movers often don't move them. Also, if you're loading the truck yourself, keep lightweight boxes on top of the heavy boxes.
3. Same room, same box - To make the packing and unpacking process faster and easy, avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box.
4. Labeling is important - Keep an inventory list in a notebook and label each box. This will help you know where to keep your items in your new home.
5. Properly tape your boxes - Tape each box properly to prevent your valuables from damage and for smooth moving. With the help of a couple of pieces of tape, close the bottom and top and a couple of wraps all the way around the box's top and bottom edges.
6. Special crating for expensive things - Have expensive artwork or costly furniture? Ask your mover about special crating to keep your valuables safe.
A tip - Avoid wrapping oil paintings in regular paper as it will stick and may get damaged.
7. Special care for kitchen goods - There are a lot of different items in your kitchen and every good require extra care while packing.
Here's how you can pack your kitchen items - You must pack dishes on their sides and not flat. Wrap packing paper around each dish and then wrap bundles of five or six together and wrap them with more paper. Bowls and cups can be packed inside one another. Put paper in between and wrap four or five in a bundle. For glasses, use a box with cardboard dividers and wrap them in plenty of layers.
8. Don't rush - Moving can be overwhelming, but don't rush even if you feel stressed. Take your time and create a moving checklist with a timeline. Visually organizing your move can help you handle events smoothly as they unfold.